I've seen some incorrect posts about reflect damage. luckily someone made a video about the mechanics of the affix. Here's a summary:
- Reflect damage redirects 10% of damage dealt back at you.
- This number stays at 10% regardless of MP
- This amount is mitigating only by armor, physical resistance, reduction from elites and skills/bonuses that reduce physical damage.
- Reflected damage will always be physical regardless of the elemental type of your attack
- Reflect damage is not affected by reduction from melee/ranged
Calculator for how to deal with reflect damage is found here (this one doesn't have elite reduction built into it yet, but google drive won't let me upload right now).
Also a really important mechanic I forgot to mention is that reflect damage ticks before life return, so if you don't have enough HP to survive the reflect burst, you'll die even if your net positive.
If someone wants to make a written version to add onto the wiki they have my blessing.