We warned about it too.
The problem is that Diablo II itself apparently gave at least one player a completely different deadline.
A new bug report says the game displayed an in-game message stating that players had until August 22 to remove items from the old Season 13 Withdraw Only stash.
Instead, when Ladder Season 14 ended on August 17, those Season 13 tabs were immediately replaced by Season 14's stash.
The items were gone.
Five days before the date the game itself had apparently displayed.
Blizzard’s Patch Notes Said August 17
There is an important complication here.
Blizzard's official Season 15 announcement actually got the mechanic right.
It clearly stated that when Ladder Season 14 ended on August 17 at 11:00 a.m. PDT, Season 14 characters would move to Non-Ladder and their Shared Stash would become the new Withdraw Only tabs.
Any Season 13 items still sitting in the previous Withdraw Only tabs would be lost at that moment.
That is why we published our earlier warning that Diablo II players had until August 17 to save their old Ladder loot.
If you followed Blizzard's web announcement, the deadline was clear.
If you followed the game itself, apparently not.
The In-Game Message Apparently Said August 22
The player behind the new report says that before Season 14 ended, logging into a Non-Ladder Reign of the Warlock character produced a popup telling them they had until August 22 to withdraw items from the previous season's Shared Stash.
That date makes sense from a player's perspective because August 22 is when Ladder Season 15 begins in Europe.
Blizzard recently changed the Ladder schedule so that the old season ends first, Patch 3.3 arrives separately, and the next Ladder does not begin until several days later. We covered that new structure in our Diablo II Season 15 Ladder reset schedule guide.
For Season 15:
- August 17: Season 14 ended.
- August 18: Patch 3.3 begins rolling out.
- August 21: Season 15 begins in North America.
- August 22: Season 15 begins in Europe and Asia.
So an in-game message using August 22 looks very much like somebody attached the stash deadline to the new season start instead of the old season end.
The Tooltip Makes It Even More Confusing
The popup is not the only problem.
The player also points out that the Withdraw Only stash tooltip says items in those tabs will be deleted when “the next season starts.”
That wording used to be much less dangerous when Ladder endings and launches happened close together.
Season 15's new staggered schedule exposes the ambiguity.
Season 14 ended on August 17.
Season 15 does not start until August 21 or August 22 depending on region.
If the tooltip says “when the next season starts,” a player could reasonably assume the stash remains available during that gap.
Apparently it does not.
Diablo II has always enjoyed hidden mechanics.
Stash deletion deadlines perhaps should not be one of them.
The Player Says They Deliberately Left Items Behind
This is what separates the report from somebody simply forgetting the usual Ladder rules.
The player says they had already begun removing Season 13 items but deliberately left some behind because the in-game message told them August 22 was the deadline.
Only after discovering the old tab had disappeared did they read Blizzard's Season 15 article and find the August 17 rule.
They are now asking Blizzard to temporarily restore access to the Season 13 Withdraw Only stash until August 22, or provide another way to recover those items.
Blizzard has not yet publicly announced such a restoration.
Season 15 Already Has Enough Stash Administration
The timing is unfortunate because players already have several Season 15 changes to keep track of.
Patch 3.3 is moving eight previously Ladder-only items into Non-Ladder, including Metamorphosis, Cure and Bulwark.
It is also making Worldstone Shards and Ancient Statues harder to find, while improving some Herald rewards.
And Blizzard even quietly changed Manald Heal's Season 15 buff from Faster Run/Walk to Faster Cast Rate before the Ladder began.
There is plenty for returning players to read.
That is precisely why the information shown inside the game needs to be reliable too.
This Is Not the Same as Blizzard Secretly Changing the Deadline
It is important not to overstate what happened.
Blizzard's official web announcement did not promise August 22 and then secretly delete the stash early.
The official Season 15 article said August 17 very clearly.
The problem is that the game itself appears to have contradicted that information.
That is still a meaningful problem.
Players should not need to decide whether the website or the software running on their screen contains the real deadline for permanent item deletion.
There Are Already More Stash Reports Appearing
The original thread is also no longer the only stash-related complaint appearing around the reset.
Another General Discussion thread about the Season 13 “Past” stash disappearing early quickly accumulated additional discussion, while a separate August 18 bug report says a player found their Shared Stash missing items after maintenance. The latter may be a different issue entirely, so it should not be treated as confirmation of the same bug.
For now, the strongest documented problem remains the contradiction between August 17 in Blizzard's official article and August 22 reportedly shown inside the game.
When Items Can Be Deleted Forever, the Date Needs to Be Right
There are plenty of places where Diablo II can afford to be vague.
Drop rates.
Hidden mechanics.
Whether Baal personally hates your account.
A deadline for permanent item deletion is different.
If Blizzard says August 17 on the website, August 22 in-game and “when the next season starts” in the tooltip, players are eventually going to choose the wrong one.
One player already says they did.
And unfortunately, the items sitting in that old Season 13 stash did not get to vote.
Sources
Blizzard Entertainment: Diablo II: Resurrected Ladder Season 15 Coming Soon
Diablo II: Resurrected Forums: Season 13 “Past” Shared Stash Unavailable Earlier Than Expected






